Transport Supervisor/ Superviseur(e) Transport
Full-Time • Kapuskasing Region
Forest Products, Pulp and Paper / Ontario Operations
Forest Management, Northern Ontario West (NOW)
Kapuskasing, ON/Hearst, ON
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Plan, organize and supervise forestry operations, ensuring quality work with a view to supplying the mills in accordance with corporate objectives while maintaining a cost-effective manner.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged transportation team of direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Recommend training requirements for employee development.
- Provide direction to transportation teams conferring with customers, consultants, contractors or suppliers.
- Assist in the negotiating transportation contracts with internal and external contacts.
- Support compliance with collective agreements and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport between labour, customer, outside agencies, other users and management.
- Report to Superintendent, Transport – Forest Management, Northern Ontario West.
- Participate in short term and midterm planning pertaining to budget requirements, staff selection and projects to be undertaken.
- Assist in prepare and develop transportation budgets, authorize expenditures, review and analyze financial reports and take appropriate actions.
- Coordinate the activities of the Forest Management, Northern Ontario West operation in order to maintain production targets, quality of wood product and wood supply for the Kapuskasing and Hearst Sawmills.
- Prepare work schedules to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Manage Hauling operations in accordance with specified requirements with regards to safety, quality, production, the environment and costs controls.
- Plan the progression of hauling operations within the harvest area.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to the Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and Regulations.
- Advise and recommend changes or opportunities on transportation costs to supervisor.
- Report and explain deviations from planned activities.
- Assist in any other sector of Forest, Northern Ontario West operations as requested by the Superintendents and General Manager.
- Heavy Equipment Operators: 10-20
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College diploma or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience: Must have 5 plus years in a similar role.
- Bilingual: An asset