Posted 4 days ago
Transitional Care Assistant (Canadian Red Cross-Timmins)
Northern Corridor Chamber of Commerce
Full-Time • Kapuskasing Region
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a Transitional Care Assistant to join our Community Health & Wellness department in Kapuskasing, Ontario.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitate/arrange the client’s transportation home utilizing local transportation services and/or transports clients home by driving agency vehicle when needed.
- Support clients in the comprehension and implementation of hospital discharge instructions and creates an individualized plan of care.
- Completes/arrange errands to meet client’s physical needs to support their recovery at home (nutrition, medication, medical supplies, equipment, etc.) as required, in accordance with established service plan.
- Plans, arranges, procures, or performs home management duties (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.), in accordance with established service plan and in advance of discharge when identified.
- Facilitate client and caregiver engagement., i.e., providing applicable information on client related issues surrounding transitions from hospital to home.
- Communicate recommendations and supports clients, care givers and those in the circle of care to address and repair safety concerns.
- Provide companionship in cases where seniors suffer from social isolation.
- Complete risk analysis of home and evaluate client’s risk of Falls using standardized Risk Assessment tool.
- Recommend corrective action to clients and caregivers to remediate risks identified
- Supports clients post-discharge to remove barriers and reduce risk in accessing resources (pharmacy blister packs, assistive devices, referrals, etc.) and for follow up discharge-related appointments.
- Communicate orally and documents according to standards of documentation electronically concerns, observations and/or needs of clients in appropriate database and to the Program Coordinator or designate
- Follow up calls or visits with client and relevant stakeholders
- Minimum requirement of completion of two years post-secondary education with a concentration in social services, gerontology, therapy assistance or a related field, and a minimum of three years job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous knowledge of medical and technical terminology is an asset. Successful candidates without working knowledge of medical and technical terminology will are expected to develop a working knowledge of medical and technical terminology in the role
- Excellent computer skills: Familiarity in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CIMS and other databases is considered an asset
- Fluency in both official languages is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Employment status: Permanent Full Time. Salary band: $35,022-$43,778 / year
Share this Job:
Job Expires: 2023-03-29