Clinique juridique Grand-Nord Legal Clinic
Summer / Student • Kapuskasing Region
Salary Range: Less than $20,000
The Grand Nord Legal Clinic (CJGN) is a legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario and provides legal services to the low-income residents of Cochrane to Hornepayne. The clinic is based in Kapuskasing and has satellite offices in Hearst and Cochrane.
This is a summer position at the Kapuskasing office for youths aged between the ages of 18 to 30. The successful candidate will provide intake services and assist legal staff.
• Assess client needs and financial eligibility;
• Make appropriate referrals;
• Clerical support for legal workers, including preparing letters and documents;
• Ensure all deadlines are met, by entering follow-ups in CIMS;
• Maintain records in CIMS;
• Perform any other duties as required by legal staff.
• High School Diploma;
• Fully bilingual – advanced French speaking and writing;
• Experience in the Clinic or Legal system would be an asset;
• Excellent computer skills and interpersonal skills.
Salary range: $20.00 to $23.00/hour commeasuring with experience
Hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
The Grand-Nord Legal clinic is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidate from all groups and communities to apply.
Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the job position is filled.
Job Expires: 2023-04-03