Part-Time • Kapuskasing Region
Candidates are invited to apply for a part time position - 30 hrs per month- Registered Dietician for Extendicare Kapuskasing, 61 bed Long Term Care Hospital, in Kapuskasing, Ontario. The Dietitian provides nutritional care services for residents within legislative and budgetary parameters.
As a member of the Clinical Team, the Dietitian consults with and advises the Dietary Manager of Director of Care concerning nutrition and hydration program needs. The Dietitian is responsible for nutritional assessment, nutritional care planning, implementation and follow-up for residents.
- Completes nutritional assessment for each resident using RAI MDS 2.0 as required
- Determines an individualized resident's diet and other nutritional interventions to meet his or her needs by involving the resident, family members and care team
- Develops, implements and evaluates nutritional care plans that includes identification of nutritional concerns, goals and interventions for all residents
- Maintains excellent communication with the Dietary Manager regarding the changing needs of the residents
- Reviews the two seasonal menus for nutritional adequacy and provides approval in writing
- Educates residents, family members, and team members regarding nutrition and hydration recommendations
- Acts as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team, acts as a representative for Extendicare, through participation in regional and professional activities as appropriate
- Participates on interdisciplinary committees related to resident care, facility operation and Quality indicators as required.
- Registered Dietitian, eligible for membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Extensive knowledge of geriatric nutrition
- Proficiency with computer applications Microsoft Office and Internet. Experience with RAI MDS 2.0 desirable, familiarity with software PointClickCare an asset
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Customer-focused attitude, with demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective team relationships with staff and residents
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of :