Permanent Full Time Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Full-Time • Kapuskasing Region
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Permanent Full time
Applicants for Part-Time PSW positions are welcome
Starting Salary $21.04/HOUR
Job Type : Permanent- Part-time
Salary : $21.04-21.57/hr. + benefits and pension
Job Location : Kapuskasing, ON
The Personal Support Worker provides resident focused personal care, within an interdisciplinary team environment in the long term care industry.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- **Participates in all aspects of personal resident care to ensure the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of each resident are met.
- Utilizes a therapeutic communication by establishing a working relationship with residents/families and coworkers for the purpose of meeting residents needs.
- Participates with other team members in formulating, delivering, reporting, recording and maintaining records of the daily resident care needs and personal preferences.
- Participates in all aspects of infection prevention and control
- Assists with serving meals, feeding
- Participates in assessments, care planning - documents accordingly
- Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding regular training and health & Safety.
- Participates in all aspects of caring for residents. This includes:
- Feeding, Bathing, Documenting Care, and all other duties related to the complete process of resident care.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures employed by the home.
_ Required Qualities/Competencies_
Bilingualism (French) is an asset
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to function effectively in a team environment
- Able to work with little supervision
- Relationship Building Skills - Resident Care
Please submit resumes to ltanyanyiwa @ncmanor.com (NO Space)***The foregoing description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification. * * We appreciate all interested applicants, However only those selected for an interview will be contacted*