Live-In House Parent(s)
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services / Services à la famille et à l’enfance du Nord-Est de l’Ontario
Contract • Kapuskasing Region
NEOFACS is seeking: Live-In House Parent(s)
Therapeutic Family Home Program / Transition Housing Program in Kapuskasing, ON
Are you interested in making a genuine difference in the lives of children and youth?
Are you looking for free housing?
Are you looking to earn $20,000 per annum?
Are you interested in providing family-based care in addition to supporting youth transition to adulthood?
If so, consider applying to become a part of an exciting new service offered by North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services (NEOFACS). We are looking for House Parent(s) who will be approved foster parent(s) providing care for children and youth in a home provided by NEOFACS.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in supporting children and youth while receiving free housing.
WHO ARE HOUSE PARENTS?
The Therapeutic Family Home Program / Transition Housing Program provides a safe and nurturing home environment to children and youth in a home provided by NEOFACS. House Parent(s) offer respite care to children and youth in NEOFACS’ Therapeutic Family Home Program. House Parent(s) also provide care to a maximum of two children and youth between the ages of 0 and 17 and provide support to one youth between the ages of 16 to 21 who lives in an adjoining private apartment with NEOFACS’ Transition Housing Program.
The House Parent(s) must be willing to live in the housing unit provided free of charge on a full-time basis. The House Parent(s) are supported by their resource worker and NEOFACS’ multi-disciplinary team.
House Parent(s) are not deemed employees of NEOFACS. House Parent(s) must be approved by NEOFACS and enter into a service contract with NEOFACS.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- As an individual or as a couple, able to commit to moving into a home provided by NEOFACS in Kapuskasing, Ontario.
- Experience supporting children/youth with complex needs and their families is an asset.
- Parenting experience (preferred).
- Mandatory and successful completion of pre-service training called Parent Resources for Information, Development, and Education (P.R.I.D.E.) will be provided to the approved House Parent(s).
- Home study will be conducted following a Structured Analysis Family Assessment (S.A.F.E.) format.
- Ability to form trusting and supportive relationships with children and youth is essential.
- Ability to assess, plan and implement a personalized approach to service delivery within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
- Proven flexibility and ability to make a significant time commitment.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Must have a valid class “G” driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
- Recent satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector is required.
- Must provide government-issued evidence of receipt of 2nd Health Canada approved COVID vaccination dose at least fourteen (14) days prior to your start date, or evidence that you qualify for a human rights exemption.
NEOFACS OFFERS THE HOUSE PARENT(S) WITH:
- free housing (utilities included),
- $20,000 per annum
- ongoing training and learning opportunities,
- regular relief,
- 24-hour support by agency staff,
- additional in-home support as per assessed need, and
- a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and youth.
NEOFACS operates the home, but it is the responsibility of the house parent(s) to ensure the house is well kept.
If you are interested in becoming a House Parent, please call 705-335-2445 ext. 5719 to learn more about the program.
Please submit your resume by: The competition will remain open until successful candidates are selected, or until the competition is closed.
Quote Competition # Therapeutic Family Home Program / Transition Housing Program in Kapuskasing
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more opportunities, please visit our website at www.neofacs.org
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services only accepts applications that are received by the email address above. We thank everyone for their interest in North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NEOFACS is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Working together for the well-being and safety of children, youth and families.
Job Expires: 2023-05-10