Contract • Kapuskasing Region
Internship Opportunity: Accountant
Work setting: Long-Term Health Care Facility
Hours per week: 40
Length of contract: 52 weeks
Bilingualism an asset
- Provide financial management information by researching and analyzing accounting data.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing financial operations information.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Collect and document financial information; preparing balance sheet, income statement, as well as all other required financial reports.
- Perform audits to substantiate financial transactions and planned budgets.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending applicable policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Function to secure home and residents’ financial information including following all internal accounting protocols and processes.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with all Ministry, provincial, and all home legal financial requirements by reviewing existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on required actions.
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be the first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
o Knowledge of GAAP and PSAS is an asset.
o Be proficient in Microsoft Office suite and accounting software
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled.
**The successful applicant will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check.**
Please email your applications to: Linda Chivanga – HR Coordinator
Accessibility accommodations available upon request to ensure support throughout the recruitment process, employee onboarding and employment experience. Please do not hesitate to ask should you require any accommodations.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates whose qualifications and experience match the required skills for the position will be selected and contacted for an interview.
For more information about our Home, please visit our website: www.ncmanor.com
Pour de plus amples informations au sujet de notre Foyer, veuillez visiter notre site web www.ncmanor.com
Join our team. Do what you love. Joignez notre équipe. Faites ce que vous aimez.
This Opportunity is
Proudly Supported by: