House Parents - Transition Housing Program
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services / Services à la famille et à l’enfance du Nord-Est de l’Ontario
Contract • Kapuskasing Region
Are you interested in making a genuine difference in the lives of children and youth?
Are you looking for free housing?
Are you interested in providing family-based care in addition to supporting youth transition to adulthood?
If so, consider becoming part of an exciting new service being offered by North Eastern Ontario Family and Children's Services (NEOFACS).
We are looking for House Parents who will be approved foster parents providing care for children and youth in a home provided by NEOFACS.
The Parent Model / Transition Housing Program provides a safe and nurturing home environment to children and youth in a home provided by NEOFACS. House Parents provide care to a maximum of two children or youth between the ages of 0 and 17, as well as provide support to one youth between the ages of 16 to 21, who lives in an adjoining private apartment with NEOFACS’ Transition Housing Program.
The House Parents are supported by their resource worker and NEOFACS’ multi-disciplinary team and are not deemed employees of NEOFACS.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- As an individual or as a couple, able to make a commitment to move into a home provided by NEOFACS in Kapuskasing, Ontario.
- Experience supporting children/youth with complex needs and their families is an asset.
- Parenting experience (preferred).
- Mandatory pre-service training called Parent Resources for Information, Development, and Education (P.R.I.D.E.)
- Home study following a Structured Analysis Family Assessment (S.A.F.E.) format.
- Ability to form trusting and supportive relationships is essential.
- Ability to assess, plan and implement a personalized approach to service delivery within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
- Proven flexibility and ability to make a significant time commitment.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
- Recent satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector.
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services offers the House Parents with free housing, a per diem rate per family-based care placement, ongoing training and learning opportunities, regular relief, 24-hour support by agency staff, additional in-home support as per assessed need, and a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and youth.
NEOFACS operates the home but it is the responsibility of
the house parents to ensure the house is well kept.
Competition Closing Date: The competition will remain open until successful candidates are selected, or until the competition is closed.
Quote Competition # Transition Housing Program in Kapuskasing
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email to: email@example.com
For more opportunities, please visit our website at www.neofacs.org
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services only accepts applications that are received by the email address above. We thank everyone for their interest in North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NEOFACS is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Working together for the well-being and safety of children, youth and families.