Customer Service and Technical Superintendent/ Surintendant(e) technique
Full-Time • Kapuskasing Region
Superintendent, Customer Service and Technical
GROUP / UNIT / DEPARTMENT
Forest Products Group
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Manage activities among Sales, Production and Inventory Control to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction while ensuring efficiency and assist in maximizing cost effective planning in order to provide the most cost-effective services to assist in maximizing the Sawmill productivity.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities
- Report to General Manager
- Work with the Sales and the Transportation Departments to ensure customer satisfaction with respect to products delivered, specifications and expectations, billing, shipping and handling of complaints and claims.
- Advise operating personnel and recommend improvements to optimize processes and maximize fibre use.
- Plan production activities, taking into account sales, operating limitations and inventories, to ensure operational optimization.
- Provide technical expertise and recommend technical developments in support of manufacturing process and system optimization, product development and standard development to optimize productivity, quality, efficiency and operating cost efficiency.
- Work closely with the Production and Sales Departments to assess and determine issues concerning client satisfaction, production, product quality, new markets, average prices, etc. and report findings to the General Manager.
- Manage finished and in-process lumber inventories efficiently.
- Ensure manufacturing activities meet NLGA, CIFQ, CLA (ISO, ACIB) standards and regulations and sales agreements.
- Monitor manufacturing processes and systems to ensure consistent product quality.
- Co-operate with the superintendents and department staff to develop and implement monitoring and continuous quality and production improvement processes.
- Comply with Company rules, regulations, policies, programs and procedures and all health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Recommend changes/improvements to General Manager
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Customer Service and Shipping Coordinator
- Quality Control
- Indirect: Yard and Kiln Operators (12)
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College diploma or equivalent work experience; Grader's permit an asset.
- Experience: 5 years in a related field is preferred.
- Bilingual: An asset